<body>




Wednesday, May 30, 2007 ♥
6:56 PM

we started on a new chem topic - organic chem. way more interesting than ALL the other topics we've been learnign so far. Mrs Foong found a new way of teaching and I must congraulate her cos people are actually paying attention and not falling asleep anymore. she brought samples of little molecules things for us to 'play' with. Jing and I were having so much fun trying to create atoms apart from methane with our set. but upon realisation that we do not have enough, we joined with tay and created some strange molecule that Mrs Foong said could possibly exist except that our structure is not chemically correct.


went to the mall with Char and Tay today after school cos Tay wanted to buy foolscap and Char had nothing to do till 1 plus.. we went pass a shop (i'm so embarrassed to say I even went in there so I shall not name it) and bought another shawl for $5. i can't help it. it was too pretty. I know I've been saying that about everything I want to buy, but it was 5 bucks. what do you expect me to do?

Char left for Lavender and so there was 2 of us, Tay, and me. She was telling me that she wanted to buy a watch and that's when I thought of something which I'm pretty sure everybody would have realised if they put in more time thinking about things than playing some stupid game like Maple, for example. what do you get from killing bouncy mushrooms anyway? points, I know. Like that'll help you in life.

my thought was about the sole purposes of things in our modern world now. for example, people of our past came up with clothes for the sole purpose of covering up private body parts. but look at what people have turned it into now. yes, still for covering up the body. but also, for looking good. think about it, if it was just for the sole purpose of covering up the body, and perhaps for comfort, then material is all that should come to mind. not colour combination or brands. that's luxury. is it not? another example, the once simple time-telling device - the watch. it was invented for the sole purpose of telling time so that people could make appointments or to make sure they get to a certain place on time. but now, the watch is an accessory. something to compliment the look, the outfit. sure, telling time is still what the watch is needed for. but again, if it was for the sole purpose of telling time, then why dress it up with chunky pieces of shiny stone and gold needles, wasting resources such as metals to make this simple time-telling device? shouldn't the world be using these resources, that are soon running out, for more good like say to generate electricity?

this is somewhat similar to what Ken has been telling me. about why the bohemians wear long skirts, had frizzy hair and sandals.. it was because they felt that looks don't matter much and energy should be used to meditate on more improtant things, not on what to wear. but look at it now, someone out there made it a trend and now, it's mainstream. they must hate it.

however, I have to be honest and say that I do care about all of the above even though I would have loved to say I did not. unfortunately, I am a modern day woman who, without all these, could not possibly live the way I am living now. the word is LUXURY, i think. it was just a thought anyway, a random thought. so, if watches were made to tell time, and clothes to cover private parts, what then are humans for?





--> <body>